Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Big Changes

Well, a few things have happened over the last week or so... Last week I let TracyLocke (my employer) know that I would not be returning from maternity leave. I am so thrilled to be able to spend more time with Parker, however I am going to miss my co-workers greatly! I got so close with many of them over the last 3 years, it's hard to imagine not seeing them everyday. I will be working part time (2 days/wk) doing marketing for a doctor's office in Plano though. I'm already working and am really excited about it. I think it's going to be something that will allow me to be creative and use a lot of my wide array of skills.

I also plan on using this time to push my invitation/stationery business! As many of you know, I have been doing custom invitation design on a word of mouth basis, but as of last week I am official! I filed a DBA for PaperCrush and got a Tax ID number from the IRS. It feels good to take this step in really getting the business going, but there is still alot of work ahead. I am currently working on getting my financials setup and creating a Facebook page, Flickr page and website/blog. So more to come on that soon!

Another fun addition to the Gordon house is patio furniture!!! With the help of my grandmother, Muffy, we managed to finally furnish the patio after almost 2 years of being in the house. Muffy and her sister, Marge, were generous enough to give us a conversation set that belonged to their mother, my Great Grandmother Maggie. We found some great cushions at Home Depot for the time being and we plan on painting them black. We also got a table and 6 chairs to go along with. It looks so great and we can't wait to use it as the weather gets warmer! THANK YOU MUFFY!

To celebrate our new patio furniture, we had a big family dinner this past Sunday evening! We planned on a warm afternoon lounging on the patio with cool cocktails, but instead we made a fire outside to keep warm and it ended up raining. Total bust on the patio portion, but it was great to have the family over. My Aunt Cindy was in town, so she got to see Parker for the first time since the hospital! Speaking of the little fella, here are a few recent pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment