Monday, May 10, 2010

First Roll!

Parker is 10 weeks old now and growing up to be such a handsome boy! With the cool snap, he got to wear his snuggly outfit...
He is doing really great sleeping through the night now too. He goes to bed right after his 7pm feeding. Then we do a "dreamfeed" at about 11pm (he doesn't wake up, just eats with his eyes closed) then he sleeps until about 6 am. At that point he usually wakes up but will put himself back to sleep or hang out contently until I go get him at 7am to start the day. Then he is on a 3 hr schedule for the day of eat~play~sleep. It's been great having the consistent schedule to get some predictability to our days!
Tummy time is still going really great! He has been consistently pushing up on his hands and getting his head up to look at you.
He had also been getting this leaning thing going on like he was trying to look up at the ceiling. Then on Saturday he leaned so far he rolled over to his back! I thought it might be a fluke, so I put him back on his tummy and sure enough he did it again! Kyle was at work so I texted him. Of course, he didn't believe me and thought I had helped push him over. Then the more we talked about it, I started to think maybe it was just a freak thing. But yesterday and today he has done it multiple times - so we officially have a roller on our hands!!! I caught it on tape this morning!


Other things going on right now... He officially found his thumb! He is good about using it to self-soothe but doesn't just suck all the time. It makes me want to quit swaddling his arms when he goes to sleep so if he wakes up he can get it if he wants. But then again, his random arm movements will wake him up, so I think I am going to keep them in a bit longer and just rely on the pacifier to help him get himself back to sleep if needed.

He is so smiley and giddy now - it's just precious. He particularly likes getting his diaper changed! It's hilarious... you put him down on the changing pad and he just starts smiling and kicking and making all kinds of sounds! I'll have to try to get a picture of how happy he is!

His cradle cap is also back and worse than before - YUCK! It's definitely no fun, but I'm trying to keep it under control with oil treatments. They help, but don't get rid of it entirely...

On Saturday we took Parker to Mina and Justin's engagement party! We are so excited for them and can't wait for the wedding. Lots of our friends that hadn't met Parker yet were there, so that was an added bonus!

My first Mother's Day yesterday was great! We went to the lake with my Mom's side of the family (us, Mom/Dad, Ems/Marcus, Muffy, Aunt Cindy, Allison/Joe). It was great to have everyone together. We didn't get the best weather on Sunday, but it was nice to kinda lounge around together! That's it for now - until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment