Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Dreaded Glucose Screening...

This morning I had my glucose screening to test for gestational diabetes. I have been worrying about this test so much because I hate getting my blood drawn! So I have been trying to eat low-carb the past couple days (Kyle said I'm cheating, but I just think it's being smart). My doctor told me not to eat any bread, fruit or sugar before coming in for the test, so I just went straight to the doctor and didn't eat any breakfast...

Well, I FAILED :(

My doctor said it is common to fail the screening, however, now I have to go for the 3 hour version of the test. See today wasn't bad because I just drank this sugary stuff and they pricked my finger. Next time, I have to fast then go in and drink the same sugary stuff and get my blood drawn every hour for 3 hours!!! This does not sound like fun, but hopefully the results will come out negative. Most women who fail the screening end up passing the 3 hr test, so everyone keep their fingers crossed!
The test will be in 2 wks and we will get another sonogram on that day too. So we should have some pictures to share afterward!

~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment